Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Over done Mailings

Wes/Patricia,

I just received a pamphlet from the California Department of Health Care Services titled "Your Hearing Rights - A guide to Medi-Cal fair Hearing".

I am one of those that will be hurt from deductions that may happen to the poor, elderly and disabled (Spinal Cord Injury - 34 years), and seeing various forms of waste upsets me. Receiving the above noted pamphlet every three months (2 pamphlets; one for me and one for my daughter) to me is a waste.

Individuals receive notice of their rights every time they visit the county Welfare Office, as well as in the mail and this seems part seems to be in excess of what is actually needed. If the State wants to cut services to the poor, elderly and disabled, they should first look at how they do business. This is just one example.

I hope this service of mailing out the same pamphlet every three months is looked into and stopped in the name of using public funds in ways that are more efficient.

Thank you,
Charlie Bean

No comments: